About Piatra Neamt
Piatra Neamt is a city of about 77.000 habitants, situated in the north-east of Romania. The surroundings offer some of the most beautiful areas of Romania, especially during the autumn period when the congress will take place.
Important UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as the Neamt and Moldavian Monasteries can also be found nearby for private post-congress tours.
For AIR TRAVEL, the following options exist:
- Bacau (BCM) airport (55 kms) is served by Blue Air with direct flights from Italy (5), London, Brussels and Paris.
- Iasi airport (130 kms) has several daily connections with Bucharest, and a daily one with Vienna
- Bucharest is frequently served by all major and low-cost airlines.
Comfortable transfer from either of the above three airports to Piatra Neamt is included for all registered participants free of charge. The exact schedule will depend on arrival times.
- For the adventurous: you may also fly to Tirgu Mures (TGM) and then travel from there by train or rented car (220 kms – 3 hours), through some of the nicest landscapes in Central Romania.
For arrival BY CAR, check the exact location on Google Earth. Quickest access is from:
- North and East (Poland, Ukraine, Russian Federation): via Chernovtsy - Suceava – Piatra Neamt. If travelling this way, the Bukovina Monasteries are on your way: save at least one day for visiting some of them!
- South and West (Bulgaria, Turkey, Serbia, … ): via Bucharest. The fastest road is Bucharest – Buzau – Bacau – Piatra Neamt. However if you can spend a bit more time and one extra night, go first north to Sinaia – Brasov and then across the Carpathian Mountains via Gheorgheni and the Red Lake to Piatra Neamt.